Now you can be functional AND fashionable.
1. The bang braid is your solution to keeping annoying mid-level bangs off your face.
2. Or master the princess-y waterfall braid.
3. Minnie Mouse buns keeps your hair from whipping around everywhere.
Use Spin Pins for extra security.
4. This 90-second ballerina bun will stay through even the most vigorous workout because SPIN PINS.
Great for people with tons of hair.
5. Braiding the underside of your bun/ponytail will keep loose strands from falling out during your workout.
6. Or the topside if you have more issues with side pieces/bangs falling out.
7. If you’ve got long hair, a knotted ponytail is an easy variation on a boring pony.
Divide the ponytail into two sections, twist one section and wrap around the other section to create this casual twisted ponytail.
8. It even works for shorter hair.
9. Here’s an easy topknot you can do while sitting at a stoplight on your way to the gym.
10. If you’ve got extra thick/long hair, boxer braid each side of your head and pull the remaining strands into a bun.
11. A tiered ponytail will keep everything in its rightful place.
12. Use yarn to tie your hair into a bun.
There’s no ponytail bump, and thin hair gets a fuller bun.
13. Then again, there’s always the old sock bun standby.
Quick, easy, and secure without a bobby pin in sight!
14. Use an Upzing Clip to create a super easy updo after your workout.
Don’t heat style on sweaty hair — the salt in your hair plus the heat will make your strands extra dry. If you must, make sure you dry ALL of the sweat of your hair.
Instead, opt for a super fast and easy updo that looks pulled-together and fresh, even if you don’t get to wash your hair. Get the full directions here.
15. This double braid is great for keeping hair secure during a swim.
Full directions here.
16. Spray leave-in conditioner or smooth some Moroccan/coconut oil into your hair before you go swimming.
Since your hair soaks up the first liquid it comes into contact with, make it a conditioning elixir, and not chlorine. Get the recipe here.
17. Use an old spice container as an emergency hair kit.
Throw in some hairspray, bobby pins, and hair ties.
18. Don’t wanna wash your hair everyday? Remove sweat and build-up with baking soda.
Make a paste with baking soda and a tiny bit of water in the shower and rub it through your hair, making sure you use your nails on your scalp. It won’t strip your hair of its natural oils.